Monday, October 22, 2012

FALL COLORS

Someone's cool "Andy Goldsworthy-esque" leaf sculpture in Cheesman Park
Too Cool for School
We love fall :)
Just a Little Boy and his Best Friend
Playing TAG
Cool Dude
Big Boy Sitting in a Tree
This past weekend was beautiful and PERFECT for fall color pictures.  We had big plans to take Rome to the Botanical Gardens where there was a corn maze and activities for children.  Unfortunately, Travis and I both woke up at 2am with what we quickly determined to be food poisoning :(.  It was pretty much the worst 16 hours of my life.  When we figured out we were both sick, and looking like we were going to be sick for quite a while, we wondered what in the world we would do with Rome when he woke up.  There was no way we were legitimately capable of caring for a child.  The joys of living away from family, let me tell you!  It was one of those days I would have given anything to have my Mom here...both to take care of ME and my son ;).  Luckily, we have great friends here and I called up our friends who live a block away and they were quick to reply and happy to take Rome for the day.  Whew!

To share a funny story - as I was curled up hurling into the toilet (FYI - I am not a quiet puker), Rome thought I was trying to be funny and came up beside me, looked inside the toilet and then said "wuggggghkkkk, wugggghkkkk" and acted like he was puking and then looked at me and laughed.  It's the little things...

Luckily on Sunday, Travis and I were able to drag our undernourished and dehydrated selves to Cheesman Park for a photo shoot of Rome in the fall leaves.  We were blessed with another beautiful fall day to enjoy and an awesome leaf sculpture right in the middle of the park...very cool!








No comments:

Post a Comment