Monday, April 30, 2012

WORDS

As Rome approaches the big O N E, I wanted to document his verbal skills.  I have no idea if he's ahead of the game, behind the game, or playing it safe.  Nor do I care.  He is perfect in every single way in my eyes, and that is all that matters to him at this point.  Here's a list of the words he has said, if even just once:

Ma-ma
Da-da
Nah-yee (Rome for "Nollie")
NO! (loud, proud and usually accompanied with a whack at whatever's in front of him - starting to show some strong emotions!)
Nooooooo (usually directed toward Nollie with a finger point - I wonder where he got that from?)
Yes
Shoe
Bye-bye
Whoa
Uh-oh
Good Gurr (to Nollie, repeated after me - doesn't happen very often)
Take you (Rome for "Thank You")
A, B, C, D... (sung in cadence to the Alphabet song, however he has yet to repeat it for anyone else, so I'm out here on a limb...but I swear he did it for me about 6-7 times in one car trip)
Abu Dhabi (not sure what Lisa's reading to these kids at daycare, but he sure does talk about the middle east a lot ;)

However, for the most part, it's still mostly jibber-jabber.  We have a blast "talking" about absolutely nothing.  He thinks he's saying really important stuff...and I'm sure he is.  I just do my best to understand, or at least act like it.  The truth is, this language stuff is absolutely fascinating to watch evolve.  Rome clearly understands most everything we say to him, and it is really cool to see the action-reaction play out. Here's a video of him jabbering to Da-da.



2 comments:

  1. he is the perfect little boy. cant wait to see him talk in person. love you granny & gramps b

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gabe and I were just talking about you guys last night. We can't wait to see you all again and see Nolan and Rome play together. I am sure Nolan could teach a few more words!
    Love and miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete