Ok, so Rome has started making this face. A lot. I'm not in love with it, but there is part of me that thinks damn, that's cute. It's his new way of expressing his frustration (which is non-stop these days). Not unlike me, this kid is an open book. If he's mad, you're gonna know about it. If he wants you to shut up, you're gonna know about it. We were just at daycare the other day and another Mom was picking up her kid and she was talking to Lisa about the day and apparently Rome had something to say and everyone was supposed to shut up and listen. He made this face, while throwing his arms in the air at the other mother and yelling "eehhhhh! no, no, no, no". Luckily, it was at another mother who has the wisdom of knowing that this is, indeed, a normal kid. I know he'll grow out of it, but I also want to remember this expressive face and phase of his life. I get it...it must be extremely frustrating living in a world where you understand most of what is happening around you, but you can't respond appropriately by expressing yourself through verbal communication quite yet. We'll get there, but until we do....eehhhhh!
Welcome to our blog. We are currently a family of 4 - myself, my husband Travis, our new son Rome and our dog Nollie. I went through numerous ideas for a blog title. Yes, I'm poking fun at the Duggars! We really only intend to have 2 kids (maybe 3). Another title I considered was "Two Kids and Stopping" ;). I thought I would start a blog to keep track of our life happenings, most recently the birth of our son, Rome. Stay tuned to watch this love grow...
Friday, August 17, 2012
THIS FACE!
Ok, so Rome has started making this face. A lot. I'm not in love with it, but there is part of me that thinks damn, that's cute. It's his new way of expressing his frustration (which is non-stop these days). Not unlike me, this kid is an open book. If he's mad, you're gonna know about it. If he wants you to shut up, you're gonna know about it. We were just at daycare the other day and another Mom was picking up her kid and she was talking to Lisa about the day and apparently Rome had something to say and everyone was supposed to shut up and listen. He made this face, while throwing his arms in the air at the other mother and yelling "eehhhhh! no, no, no, no". Luckily, it was at another mother who has the wisdom of knowing that this is, indeed, a normal kid. I know he'll grow out of it, but I also want to remember this expressive face and phase of his life. I get it...it must be extremely frustrating living in a world where you understand most of what is happening around you, but you can't respond appropriately by expressing yourself through verbal communication quite yet. We'll get there, but until we do....eehhhhh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment