Saturday, May 21, 2011

HOPE


There is hope!  Last night was a success, and the results speak for themselves.  Rome is very alert this morning and seems to be learning.  His eyes are following objects and he is concentrating more.  I can just see him thinking already.  I can’t wait (don’t quote me on this) until he starts asking questions!  My production level is better as well.  I took a shower AND I’m baking banana bread.  Two loaves. 

As far as sleep went, it was still a maximum of 2.5 hours at a time for me and Romeo, but without the fussiness in between and the needing to be rocked for 30 to 45 minutes before drifting off was what made the difference.  The first night feeding at 11:30 only lasted an hour from feeding to sleepy eyes!  I was able to swaddle him good and tight and he seemed to like it this time.  This has been an ongoing battle for me.  I’ve heard the praises about swaddling, but can’t figure out if he likes it much.  He uses his hands a lot and seems to love having them around.  Most of the time he holds them both at his chest.  I’m convinced he must have slept like that in the womb.  So, putting them to his sides to sleep at night just makes me think he doesn’t like it.  He usually fusses and stretches until he either gets them out of the swaddle himself, or has me intervene from all the fussing.  But, tonight he seemed to enjoy it.  He was fast asleep!
Thinking...

Following objects

Always using his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment