Rome is absolutely in awe of his hands lately. He loves to look at them and move them around. He'll look at one side and then turn them over and study the other side. He waves them from side to side and watches in utter amazement, like "WOW, I'm doing this!" He picks up his favorite baby maraca and shakes it. Then he switches hands and shakes it with the other hand. He picks up blocks and other small toys and moves them from one hand to the other...back and forth, back and forth, all the while looking at his hands as if he's a mad scientist who's just created something magnificent and out-of-this-world. When he's concentrating real hard, his toes even become part of the spectacle, curling up each toe as he works his magic. I love how he studies them, and everything he picks up for that matter. I must say, they are some HUGE baby hands. My Mom says they look like "Grandpa Boewe hands". Grandpa Boewe (my great-grandpa) was a farmer and worked with his hands all his life. I wonder what these hands will do someday???
No comments:
Post a Comment