Saturday, May 5, 2012

THE MUSTACHE BASH

I think it's safe to say the Mustache Bash was fun for all!


The Birthday Boy (with a cold)
Cute little toesies
How dare you go and be this cute...who do you think you are???

Family photo (the only one taken)

A Grandma's Love...can't beat it!

Grandpa "hanging" Elmo...we clearly didn't think about this one too much.  Hopefully the kids weren't ruined for life.
The 4-wheeler was a big hit  (thank you Electra and Walker ;)
The Birthday Cake Demolition

One Sleepy Boy.

Rome's 1st Birthday Party was a gleaming success...well, once the Mom Fail #357 was settled.  Being the type A person I am, I had planned this party like a champ.  I had crossed all my T's and dotted all my I's, or so I thought.  I had booked Rome's party at City Park Playground.  A magnificent playground that I knew the kids would love and a perfect set of picnic tables under a beautiful grove of trees.  I called Parks and Rec in advance to see if I could obtain a permit (just to be sure no one could steal the spot from me).  They said no need, it was first come first serve.  Next up, some friends mentioned hearing something about a race happening in City Park on Cinco de Mayo.  I Googled it and found a race and huge Cinco de Mayo party happening at Civic Center Park.  Oh, they must have mis-heard the advertisement.  All is good!  WRONG.  Cut to day of party about an hour and a half before time to start.  I haul everything, including Rome, with me in the truck while Travis stayed back to cook the food.  We got to the park and every gate was locked...for a race!  After frantically changing my mind 50 times about what to do, we ended up heading over to Cheesman Park (where there was another race happening, but I'm moving onto the good part so I won't digress).  There were a couple picnic tables by the playground available, so we started setting up and I sent out the mass text as to the change of plans.  Luckily everyone (except one group) got the message and the change of plans were not that big of a fiasco.

Rome unfortunately woke up with a cold the morning of the party, but he was a trooper!  He played with his buddies, opened presents, destroyed the cake, and gave some much needed love to the grandparents (both Travis and my parents came in town for the big day).  The most precious moment of the day is when Rome fell asleep in his new Radio Flyer wagon (of course holding onto the birthday balloon).  He was tuckered out from all the excitement.  And so was I!

Most of these pictures (the good ones) were taken by my friend Cassie and I could not be happier with the priceless captured moments!!!  Love them all.  Thank YOU :)

Happy Birthday Bubby!


No comments:

Post a Comment