We look forward to this weekend every year, when the Tour de Fat comes to town. The Tour de Fat, for those of you whom have never experienced this wondrous event, is the New Belgium Brewery's one-and-only marketing campaign. They tour across the US of A marketing their beer via...
FUN! It is a massive group bike ride (in Denver there are about 5,000 riders) followed by a festival in City Park with great beer, great music and great people! The best part is dressing up and seeing all the costumes. This is one party where, if you
don't dress up, you feel out of place. And there's no rhyme or reason to the costumes. Anything goes...and I mean,
anything!
Travis has had the same "costume" for the past 4 years. It consisted of old women's basketball shorts that were borderline risk-ay for
me and a retired basketball jersey of his. He usually dressed it up with a wig of choice and called it a day. This year, I retired the "nut huggers" and made him dress as a banana (stay tuned for the real reason the banana came into the picture). I also found the cutest little monkey costume for Rome. It's also going to be his Halloween costume, so act surprised when you see it again in a month.
 |
| Our crazy family. Yeah, we know how to have FUN ;) |
 |
| I thought the banana costume, or any costume for that matter, would scare Rome...but noooo, not this little monkey! |
 |
| It's a Banana. Drinking a Beer. Pushing a Stroller. |
 |
| Yep, we fit right in...FREAKS :) |
 |
| Where's Waldo? |
 |
| This one was one of my favorites...a jellyfish! |
 |
| The bike ride through Cheesman Park |
 |
| As if monkeys aren't cute enough already... |
Aww, you guys are so cute! I love the banana pushing a stroller with a beer...like it's just another day in Colorado. :) And that monkey! I could just eat him up!
ReplyDelete