Sunday, January 29, 2012

I HAVE A CONFESSION...

My life is not perfect.

Why am I choosing to confess this on a blog where I brag about my life, you ask?  Well, I write this post because I want everyone (and by everyone, I mean the 3 people that actually read this blog) to know that I, like every Mother/Wife face trials and tribulations every single day.  I try really hard to not get into the whole "keeping up with the Joneses" mentality when it comes to Life, but I can't help but notice those people who make everything seem so hunky dory.  How do they do it?  How do they keep it all together?  I ask myself.  Well, I'm pretty sure they don't.  I'm convinced that they are just much better actors than I am.

This made me think about my blog and how it may come across.  I started it because I wanted to keep track of Rome's life and everything GREAT that comes along with parenthood and having babies.  And I have done just that...which is why I write this post.  Of course I want to keep track of all the great things that happen, but it struck me that (for the 3 people that read this thing), I don't want to come across as having a perfect life.  It just isn't so, nor should it be.

I am perfectly happy with my not-so-perfect life.  If everything went my way everyday, I wouldn't be as strong as I am today and I wouldn't have so many life lessons to pass on to my children.  Life isn't perfect, but it is what you make of it, and that is just ONE of many things I have to constantly remind myself of daily.

So, for any of you not having a perfect day, I just wanted you to know that you're not alone...and you never will be.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...somehow I deleted the comment I just posted(I'm a technology moron). I just wanted to let you know that we feel the exact same way!! Glad somebody finally said it. By the way your little man is SO cute!! We're looking forward to the chance to meet your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Brooke...I can SO relate to this post. I agree...some make everything look incredibly easy and as we know...it's not. It's even hard to pretend things are easy (ok this sounds better in my head than when I actually type it). After all is said and done, life IS what we make of it :-)

    Love you guys and I look forward to many more posts to come!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being able to relate, ladies! It's all about keeping life in perspective :). And thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete